HEC on consultation of National curriculum Committee has announced a new revised teacher education program that has now ended the debate of MA Education, M.ed equivalency to BS Hons and B.ed 2.5 year,1.5 years.Now according to the latest notification issued by HEC on Dec 30,2022 the degrees like M.A Education, M.ed, B.ed 1.5 years, B.ed 2.5 years, BS (Hons) in Education all these degrees are now equivalent.The candidates obtain of the above mentioned degree are eligible to take admission in M-Phil/MS Education Program.
Key Points of HEC Revised Roadmap for Teacher Education Program
Now according to latest HEC revised teacher education roadmap the following are the key points of the decision taken by HEC and National curriculum review committee.
- The candidates having Associate Degree in Education (ADE) are allowed to enroll in the 5th semester / third year of a
four-year B.Ed. program.
- The candidates having Associate Degree in disciplines other than that of Education or two-year elsewhile BA / BSc degrees
(now defunct) shall be admitted in the 5th semester / third year of a four-year B.Ed. program after completing the deficiency
courses (15-18 credit hours through a bridging semester) to be determined by the admitting university, on case to case
- MA Education, M.Ed. and BS Education are equivalent degrees to B.Ed. 4 years / B.Ed. (Hons), B.Ed. 2.5 after 14
years qualification and B.Ed. 1.5 after 16 years qualification for the purpose of employment and further education.
- The graduates having sixteen (16) years or equivalent qualification in disciplines other than Education and desirous to
acquire B.Ed. degree will be allowed for enrolment in B.Ed. 1.5 comprising of 45-54 credit hours course work.
- The graduates having sixteen (16) years non-relevant qualification and desirous to acquire admission in MS/MPhil
Education, shall be required to complete deficiency courses of minimum 18 credit hours as part of said degree program,
to be determined by the admitting university, on case to case basis.
- The nomenclature for Teacher Education Degrees shall only be “Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)” from Fall 2023
onwards. The strands such as Early Childhood Education, Elementary and Secondary Education etc. and specialization.
like Curriculum, Assessment, Academic planning, Leadership, Guidance & Counseling, etc. shall be reflected on transcripts
only and not on degrees”
Education Related Latest News>>
Punjab Higher Education New Lecturer Jobs 2023 Coming Soon via PPSC – Click here
Schools reopen in KP, Sindh after winter break- Latest after winter vacation schools updates – Click here
KPK Driving License Verification 2023 | How to Check Your License Status – Click here
MA Education, M.ed ,B.ed Hons Degrees Latest Decision By HEC
Candidates with an Associate Degree in Education can enroll in the 3rd year of a 4-year B.Ed. program.
Candidates with an Associate Degree in a field other than Education or a 2-year BA/BSc degree can enroll in the 3rd year of a 4-year B.Ed. program after completing deficiency courses (15-18 credit hours through a bridging semester).
MA Education, M.Ed., and BS Education are equivalent to a 4-year B.Ed., a 2.5-year B.Ed. after 14 years of qualification, and a 1.5-year B.Ed. after 16 years of qualification for employment and further education purposes.
Graduates with a 16-year or equivalent qualification in a field other than Education can enroll in a 1.5-year B.Ed. program comprising 45-54 credit hours.
Graduates with a 16-year non-relevant qualification and wanting to pursue an MS/MPhil in Education must complete deficiency courses of at least 18 credit hours as part of their degree program.
The term “Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)” will be used for all Teacher Education Degrees starting in Fall 2023. Strands such as Early Childhood Education, Elementary and Secondary Education, and specialisations like Curriculum, Assessment, Academic Planning, Leadership, Guidance & Counseling will only be reflected on transcripts and not on degrees.
- Cantt Public Education System Mardan Jobs 2023 Online Apply via https://careers.mlc.gov.pk/
- Free ata kp gov pk 2023-8070 Free Ata web Portal
- Karachi Port Trust Jobs 2023 | Application form www.kpt.gov.pk
- Pakistan Ordinance Factory POF Jobs 2023 Online Apply via www.pof.gov.pk
- Pakistan Housing Authority PHA Jobs 2023 Online Apply Via www.ats.org.pk
- Bnip Internship Program-www.bnip.gov.pk online apply 2023
- PM BISP Free Atta Scheme-8070 Web Portal Free Atta Registration
- Public Health Engineering Department KPK Jobs 2023 Online Apply via www.etea.edu.pk
- NDU Jobs 2023 Online Apply Via www.ndu.edu.pk
- Talent Unlimited HR & Recruitment Services Job Advertisement 2023
- Sindh Arts Teacher Jobs in Education & Literacy Department 2023
- Sindh Traffic Police Final Medical list 2023